Tuesday, March 31, 2015

A World of Difference

One small change--a different decision
On someone else's part or on mine--
Could have changed my life completely
And given it a different design.

A chance encounter, a path not taken,
A different turn along the way,
And my world would be dissimilar
From the world I know today.

Different dreams, different thoughts,
And different likes would spread their wings.
Life would take on different meanings
With different pleasures and different stings.

Maybe I'd be rich and famous
Or maybe poorer than I am right now.
Perhaps the things I take to heart
My other self would disallow.

I can't imagine how different I'd be.
Would life have more or fewer upsets?
Since I can't turn back the clock,
It's useless for me to have regrets.

Besides, having regrets would mean
That parts of my past I'd want to undo.
That's out of the question, for that would mean
My path might not have led me to you.

(3-31-15) By Bob B

No comments:

Post a Comment